It’s not a new fad or trend. It’s not going away…
Back in 2012, sites like “Outbrain’ were evangelizing that Video was, by 87%, the most preferred form of content. They weren’t joking. Recently Facebook stated that by 2020, all of Facebook will be video. That’s ALL of Facebook, the largest social media platform in the world. If you’re not already using video to communicate, then here are a few reasons why you should and a few more points on how you can make this exciting format really work for you.
For those who are still at the contemplation stage of using video to drive online results, or, if you’re already doing it, and not getting the marketing results you’re hoping for, then maybe you’ll find your way through the fog right here and now. But first, what is Video Marketing?
What is Video Marketing?
There are many definitions, but at the end of the day it comes down to “video marketing is any content that you post online, in video format, that is intended to attract a certain audience and achieve a goal and initiate a certain behaviour by the viewer.
What does Video Marketing for Content Marketing that gets results to look like?
Duration: Short: Most videos are between 5 and 30 seconds long (yes, the stats say, 60 seconds of video = 1,8million words so your 5 seconds = 150 000 words.) Eg. Vlog, Live stream, testimonials, behind the scenes and explainers.
Long: 60 seconds to 6 minutes eg. Culture, interviews, Tutorials, product reviews
Very Long: 3 minutes to an hour+ eg. Webinars, documentaries, corporate stories,
Type: There are many as noted above. @BoostCollective’s corporate videos are Storytelling, explainers, and outside-the-box -training videos.
Even science supports video marketing to get results
For all the naysayers who’ve not boarded the Video Marketing bus to fame and fortune yet, let’s jump in a little deeper … I went hunting for some science to back up the trend and found Liraz Margalit, a Web Psychologist at Clicktale. For those of you who are already on this bus, these insights should inspire you to keep going!
- Cognitively, video viewing its faster and lighter– the brain processes video content 60 000 times faster than text. This is because humans are hardwired to reach for the least-effort option.
- Reading articles requires your brain to be actively, whereas watching video or television do not require the same cognitive effort. It’s often why television is used for relaxation and in its extreme ‘numbing’. It’s the very reason why video is so powerful when applied as a social media marketer or in all forms of online marketing.
- Where reading requires you to create your own thoughts about the content, video intuitively responds to curiosity and imagination thus being the most powerful corporate storytelling tool in your content marketing strategy.
- Videos seduce. “Video is better at getting us to feel”, Liraz Margalit. Video generates emotional attachment, explained through a process called mirror-neuron mechanism. A mirror neuron fires, not only when we ourselves perform an action but when we see another perform the same. This is the birthplace of an entire multi-billion dollar film industry. It’s the igniting of emotions such as joy, compassion, sadness and fear that drove people to cinemas’ in their hordes. Now it’s taken over our small screens providing great content that delivers results on well thought out digital and content marketing strategies.
9 Powerful Video Marketing statistics, if you’re still in doubt:
- Video Marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year.
- YouTube brings in over 4,9 billion views daily
- Video’s on Instagram are up by 80% (Stats: Buffer)
- YouTube reaches more 18 – 49-year-olds than any broadcast or cable TV network.
- 64% of users purchase something online after watching the video.
- Visitors spend 88% more time on your website if you have video.
- The value of a 1-minute video is worth 1.8 million words. Dr James McQuivey
- 87% of Marketing professionals use video as a content marketing tool.
- 88% of video marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media
There you have it. If you’re not already doing it, the time has come, for you to add video marketing to your content marketing strategy. That’s if you want results like lead generation, sales and viewership traction, engagement ROI and your target audience to step into action.
Boost Collective have decided on this series titled ‘Why Video is the future of ‘Content Marketing’ to enable you to take the leap, find the budget, and start experiencing real results, attract the right audience and increase your ROI. The series covers:
Why add Video to your content marketing Strategy
What is Video Marketing?
How to Make your own high-quality videos?
Do you insource or outsource video production?
When to start using video marketing as your strategy?
As for who? @BoostCollective have been making a video for TV, corporates and social media for over 17 years. Call us now for a no-strings-attached consultation. You may even like us. (a lot!)